Addis Ababa University Addis Ababa Institute of Technology
African Railway Center of Excellence (ARCE)
Scholarship Announcement 2022
Application Deadline: 28th of February 2022
Objectives of the Program
African Railway Center of Excellence (ARCE) is one of the African Center of Excellence II projects supported by the World Bank. Through this support from the WB, the center aspires to become a sustainable regional hub for training and research in Railway Engineering and Management, capable of leading efforts to address priority development challenges and improve lives in South and Eastern Africa. The aim of the center is to strengthen railway professionals’ development through short-term training. MSc and Ph.D. level education, and research in Ethiopia and the region at large.
To this effect, ARCE is offering scholarships to citizens in African countries to pursue MSc studies in Railway Engineering specializing in “Civil Infrastructure”, “Rolling Stock” and “Traction and Train Control for 2022.
The applicants should submit their documents in a single PDF file through the application form link. The application file name must be [Applicant_First Name_Field of Study.Pdf] for example Jhon_Rollingstock.pdf and the application only be complete if the following documents are submitted.
- Filled ARCE 2022 Scholarship form https://bit.ly/34jFa9H
African Railway Center of
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF: please use the Europass CV template. (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Scanned copies of all University Degree certificates
- Scanned copies of all University Transcripts 5. Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned copy)
- English language certificate for regional applicants 8. All the documents listed above should be scanned in a single PDF document.
- Separately submitted documents will be considered as incomplete application.
Type A. Full Scholarship only for regional Applicants: Covers monthly stipend (USD600 for MSc students), tuition fee, health insurance, and transportation cost.
. Type B. Half Scholarship only for national competent Female Applicants: Covers monthly stipend USD200 for MSc) and tuition fee.
• Type C. Covers tuition fee only.
. Type D. Self-Sponsored Students: Students should cover all the expenses. local
. Authentication fee. Registration fee. Application fees, resident permit fees, and transportation should be covered by selected candidates.
. Stipend payment will be effective only after the applicant has been admitted by Addis Ababa University.
Read more Articles