Senior Project Associate (SNFI)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
05/05/2023 – 14/05/2023
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (SVN)
Position TitleSenior Project Associate (SNFI)
Duty StationJijiga, Ethiopia
ClassificationGeneral Service, Grade G6
Type Of AppointmentSpecial Short Term, 9 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start DateAs soon as possible
Posting Period05 May 2023 until 14 May 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office in collaboration with the National program officer, Program Manager, and Programme Coordinator; the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the ESNFI sub-unit.
In particular, he/she will undertake the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Assist in the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
2. Compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on specific project topics, highlighting noteworthy issues for the consideration of appropriate parties.
3. Monitor budget implementation and propose adjustments as necessary.
4. Act as focal point for administrative coordination of project implementation, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
5. Draft status reports; identify shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest corrective measures.
6. Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, and other forms of documentation.
7. Organize meetings, workshops, and training sessions; prepare training materials and participate in the delivering of capacity building workshops.
8. Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
9. Participate in meetings and conferences; maintain effective liaison and coordination with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
10. Monitor work of implementing partners and report any non-compliance to the supervisor.
11. Provide inputs for the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and concept papers and provide general support for the development of new projects.
12. Provides guidance/training and assist in coordinating and monitoring work of other staff in the unit; may supervise other staff as assigned.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or Higher degree equivalent in civil engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Water and Sanitation, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or a High School Degree/Certificate in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in the implementation of ESNFI activities in developing countries, preferably in countries facing humanitarian crises and in support of emergency responses; experience in the region is an advantage.
• Experience in the design and implementation of shelter infrastructure, including contract management.
• Experience evidence in the design and implementation of shelter infrastructure, including contract management.
• Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
• Somali and Afan Oromofiffa is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
For applicants to be considered, applicants are required to apply through THIS LINK indicating the short vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the short vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application that does not have this information in the subject line will Not be considered and attach the following:
· Motivation/Application letter
· CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
· Copies of all Academic Certificates from an Accredited University
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted.
We Strongly Encourage Qualified Female Applicants To Apply
Read more job vacancies