Invitation for Bids
Construction of Workshop and Depot of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) B2 Pilot Line Project
Invitation for Bids
City/Locality: Addis Ababa
Notice/Contract Number: AACRA/EPD/012/W/OB/ICB/2015 EFY
Publication Date: Jan 4, 2023
Deadline (local time): February 28, 2023 – 14:30
Agency: Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Buyer: ETHIOPIA – Addis Ababa Road and Transport Bureau
Eligibility of Bidders: Minimum Qualification criteria are as follows:
i) Evidence of Eligibility
a) For Domestic Bidders:
• Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Urban Development and Construction or other appropriate regional
bureaus with relevant Category RC-1 or GC-1 renewed for 2015 EFY;
• Valid Trade License renewed for 2015 E.C.;
• VAT registration certificate issued by the tax Authority;
• Tax clearance certificate which states its eligibility to participate in public tenders and valid at least at the
deadline for submission of bids; and
• Evidence of being registered as Supplier in the Electronic Government Procurement (e-GP) website
(https://egp.ppa.gov.et) of the Federal Public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (FPPPAA).
b) For Foreign Bidders: Business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment.
a) Average earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) for the last three (3) years > 0;
b) Total equity (net worth) for the last three (3) years > 0;
c)Average liquidity ratio for the last three (3) years > 1 ((Current assets) / (Current liabilities) > 1);
d) Average indebtedness ratio for the last three (3) years < 6 ((Total financial liabilities)/ (EBITDA) < 6).
v) Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 23,000,000.00 (USD Twenty Three Million) for the last five (5) years.
vi) General Construction Experience:
• Experience under construction contracts in the role of prime contractor, JV member, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least five (5) years, starting 1st January 2017.
vii) Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience:
• A minimum of two (2) contracts on the construction of industrial buildings (maintenance, manufacturing, operation or equivalent) each with a minimum total floor area of 2500m2 which
have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor within the last ten (10) years with value of at
least US$ 10,000,000.00 (US$ Ten Million). AND
• A minimum of two (2) contracts on the construction of roads including compound roads or parking areas with Asphalt Concrete surfacing and each covering a minimum area of 10000m2 area which have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor within the last ten (10) years with
value of at least US$ 9,000,000.00 (US$ Nine Million).
viii) Specific Experience:
• For the above and any other contracts completed and under implementation as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor on or after the first
day of the calendar year during the period stipulated in vii) above, a minimum construction experience in the following key activities successfully completed:
– Cement Concrete Works of 5000 m3/year
– Steel Structure Installation: 5000 m2/year
– Earthwork of 50000 m3/year
– Asphalt Concrete Pavement works: 4500 m3/year
Original Language: English
Complete notice available here
Read more Construction Tenders